What do you always pack for an open road trip? Tea bags? Duct tape?
I’ve been perfecting my packing kit for a number of years and have narrowed my road trip essentials down to these 8. Read on to find out why these items always make the list PLUS how you could win a £1000 road trip by sharing your own #openroadessentials courtesy of Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK.
- Animal print scarf – this generous-sized scarf is one of my open road essentials because of its versatility. It’s been a blanket to keep me warm in Iceland, a head scarf on a breezy, open top convertible drive through Vegas and a beach sarong when we stopped for a dip in a secluded cove in Skiathos.
- A map – I always carry a paper map when driving around a new location because it never runs out of battery or loses GPS signal. Although it helps if the person reading it has a good sense of navigation.
- Hand sanitizer –probably my most sensible item but these mini sanitizers comes in particularly handy when eating on the road. For example: cleaning sticky fingers after visiting an American drive through diner.
- Scented candle – probably my most indulgent item but I’ve found motels and roadside accommodation can sometimes be a little musty. A familiar scented candle can make a room smell like home, even when it is a million miles away.
- Nike Roshe Runs – for those spontaneous moments when you want to get out of the car and explore on foot.
- Moleskin notebook – because I never travel anyway without one. Much like the paper map, I don’t have to worry about my notebook being charged before I want to make notes on my journey. (Helps if you also carry a pen!)
- Farmers Union Iced Coffee – coffee in general plays a large part in my road trips but I am particularly obsessed with the Australian Farmers Union one, which comes in a retro style milk carton. (You can ask the vendor for a straw if you are worried about car spills!)
- D&G Sunglasses – sunnies, of course, so you can try and look cool whilst taking the essential road trip selfie. (Assuming this is not just me?)
Share Yours & Win
Share your #OpenRoadEssentials (in the same way I have) on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag and you could win one of two £1000 road trips with Enterprise UK.
For more information and full terms and conditions click here.
Happy snapping and good luck!